ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BOOKING
The Everyday Life Session
Step one: Scheduling your session
In order to book your session, there are three steps.
When thinking about a length of time, the longer I'm with you the more time there is for moments to arise. Generally speaking, 2 hours is great for families with kids who are still napping twice a day. 3 hours is perfect for families with kids aged 2+, that extra hour really does make a difference. 5 hours is perfect for any family, especially ones with two or more kids.
As you pull out your calendar, here are a few things to consider:
• Weekend dates are limited and popular and I don't schedule sessions on Sundays.
• Given the beautiful colours and temperate weather, spring , summer and fall are the busiest times of year for outdoor family photos in Southern Ontario. If you'd like a session during one of those times (ESPECIALLY if you want a weekend spot), please get in touch as soon as possible!
• If you have a particular date or holiday by which you need prints or gifts (Mother's Day, Father's Day, Hanukkah, Christmas, etc.), be sure to book a date at least one month in advance of that date to ensure sufficient processing and printing time.
• Babies and young children are almost universally at their very best first thing in the morning, which just happens to also be a great time of day for beautiful light. If you have children under five years old, I encourage you to consider a session documenting the morning routine.
• If you have older children or have one of those rare babies that doesn't do mornings, the other time of day that gives us great light is late afternoon/early evening.
• Beautiful photographs can be made in any kind of weather, but I understand that there are some downsides to being photographed in the pouring rain or the freezing cold. I can and do reschedule sessions for inclement weather, but am also happy to use your home for the entire session if sticking to the schedule is a priority.
1. You will sign a contract
2. Once I receive the signed contract, I will send you a booking link to select your preferred date and time
3. You will pay a session fee of $300 (2 hours), $500 (3 hours) or $700 (5 hours) to officially book your session
STEP TWO: THE SESSION ITSELF
Once we've decided on a time and date and officially put your session on the books, I'll send you a getting ready guide that will walk you through everything from what to wear to making the most of your session. That guide has been created and refined over years of experience, so it typically answers 90% of the questions that come up, but I'm always happy to set up a time to chat if you want additional help.
A few days before our session is scheduled, I'll reach out to confirm our time and location... at that point, if the forecast is questionable or someone seems to be coming down with the flu, we can talk about our rescheduling options. Otherwise, that's the perfect time to ask any last-minute questions or let me know if you've come up with a fun idea we haven't discussed.
STEP THREE: THE FUN PART!
Within just a couple of weeks of your session, you'll receive an email from me letting you know that your photos are ready to be viewed via slideshow. I'll ask you to choose a time where you'll be able to sit down and really enjoy seeing your images and will then send it over to you. Your slideshow will be up for 24 hours and within this timeframe, you'll be able to view it as many times as you'd like. Once you've had a chance to see your photos and marvel for a bit, you'll decide which collection you want to purchase. After that, you'll have a full month to select the specific digital files and print items you want to use to fill that collection... zero pressure!
Collection A - $950*
• Pre-session phone consultation
• choice of 20 high resolution digital files with print release
• $100 store credit good toward your choice of anything in the gallery store: prints, frames, albums, digital files, etc.
Collection B - $1200*
• Pre-session phone consultation
• choice of 30 high resolution digital files with print release
• $300 store credit good toward your choice of anything in the gallery store: prints, frames, digital files, albums etc.
Collection C - $1500*
• Pre-session phone consultation
• ALL high resolution digital files with print release (min 65 images)
• $600 store credit good toward your choice of anything in the gallery store: prints, frames, albums, digital files, etc.
*HST not included
What you're going to do with your images is perhaps the most important aspect to consider when you're planning for a photo session, but it's all too often the aspect that's overlooked... all that time and money invested deserve a better return than photos gathering dust on a hard drive somewhere. You'll never get the same feeling looking at your photos on a screen as you will seeing them on your wall or flipping through the pages of an album, so I include a substantial print credit with every collection.
Below is a sample of some of the items you can choose among:
DECKLED-EDGE FINE ART PRINTS
Hand-torn prints that are truly unique with a rich and textured finish. Each print is carefully torn to reveal a soft feathered edge that adds a beautiful softness to each image. These archival prints are printed on fine art matte paper using the finest pigment based inks.
5x7 / $50
8x10 / $80
Your favourite images are professionally printed on archival quality photo paper with your choice of a semi-gloss or deep matte finish. These full bleed prints are available in a variety of sizes, and are perfect for framing and hanging on the wall or giving as a special gift.
5x7 / $25
8x10 / $40
11x14 / $60
PROFESSIONAL LAB PRINTS
These beautiful hardwood frames will protect your prints from damage and help them look their very best in a spot for everyone to enjoy. Frames come in your choice of white or black and always includes an acid free mat-board and framer's acrylic glass. The quality has excellent print longevity and has been rated for 200 plus years fade resistance.
8x12” (external measurement) / $220
14x18" (external measurement) / $350
18x24" (external measurement) / $490
These lovely hard cover books are printed on smooth silk paper (250gsm). Layout and design options are limited only by your imagination, and can be further customized with your choice of linen covers and custom foiled letters.
10 spreads (20 pages) are included in the price below.
Additional spreads (1 spread = 2 pages)
can be added for $20 each.
10x10" / $500
12x12” / $600
THE STORIES THAT CAN BE SHARED ARE THE ONES THAT LIVE ON.
I remember as a child grabbing photo albums and looking at images of people I didn’t know and still feeling nostalgic as I asked my mom who these people were. It allowed me to learn of the generations before me, it brought my mom and I together— even if just for a moment.
Or more recently my siblings all sitting in the floor of my mum's living room, stacks of photographs piled in everyone’s laps— retelling stories of our Nana who had just passed.
You can’t relive these memories when they are hidden away in iCloud or an external hard drive.
They allow for our future selves to reminisce and enjoy the memories of moments that have long passed. I truly value that these products will be in your hands, not stuck on the web somewhere and can be passed down for your children to enjoy.
WOULDN’T YOU RATHER HOLD A BOX OF PRINTS, OR AN ALBUM ALREADY DESIGNED TO TELL YOUR STORIES?